Liveaboard Professional Internship
We are proud to announce the launch of our Liveaboard Professional Internship which will be open for applications on 1st February.
About the Programme
The Liveaboard Professional Internship Programme has been designed to provide dive professionals with the chance to gain invaluable experience of working on board a liveaboard. During the programme they will have the opportunity to learn all the skills needed to become a liveaboard professional with an award winning fleet.
The programme is very much hands on with candidates learning new techniques, developing skills and building a strong knowledge base all of which will enhance their problem solving skills both in and out of the water.
Our programme spans a period of 90 days with each applicant being carefully selected.
Who should apply
The programme is designed for both those wishing to take the next step in their dive career. Candidates should be customer centric, passionate, self motivated and have a can do attitude. Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team are a essential and will enable candidates to build strong relationships with the crew, guides and guests.
Flawless dive skills are a prerequisite for joining the programme as candidates will need to exhibit role model dive abilities in water.
This intensive programme spans a total of 90 days where candidates will be totally immersed in the world of liveaboard diving. During the course candidates will:
- dive most days and fine tune their in water skills
- develop knowledge needed to manage logistics
- learn guest management and customer service techniques including how to manage expectations and issues
develop knowledge base to expand problem solving skills
- develop relationships with some of the industries top level guides and crews
experience the best of what the Red Sea has to offer by joining liveaboards in both the north and south
All candidates will be graded at end of each cruise with feedback from the Lead Liveaboard Professional and over all score at the end of each week. Progress will be closely monitored and should a candidate receive a score of less than 60% the programme will be discontinued.
Upon successful completion of the full programme candidates will receive a letter of reference and a certificate of completion of the Liveaboard Professional Internship from our fleet. Should a position be available and the candidate has relevant skills / languages they may be offered a position within the fleet.
What awaits successful candidates
Each cruise is 6 days and 6 nights with the option of 1 extra day aboard in port. This means 6 full days diving per week with 1 dry day. Days onboard can start as early as 4am and finish when the last guest retires for the evening. Each candidate will be expected to be on duty through out and follow their mentors.
Where possible candidates will be provided with a cabin however if this is not possible they will sleep on the upper deck. There will be full board accommodation whilst cruising with 1 day a week being uncatered.
Interns as well as our regular guides and crew represent our fleet and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. Observing how our professional guides handle a wide variety of situations and learning from their vast experience and knowledge to raise their own customer service capabilities. A full guide to our expectations and rules to follow whilst on the programme will be provided to ensure all procedures are clear.
We do however expect:
- No consumption of alcohol or drugs during the cruises
- Impeccable hygiene and a clean cut appearance
- No intimate relationships with guests or exchanging of personal contacts. All contact with guests should be directed through our social media
- Respect the environment at all times and follow all local regulations
- Be a role model for safe diving practices
- Follow direction from Liveaboard Professionals
How to apply and eligibility
Complete the online candidate application form. Candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of submission of form. In the interim please email the below to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name in the subject line:
– Passport ID page
– A current CV
– Copy of Professional diving certifications and renewal status
– Travel & Diving insurance
– Current photo
To be eligible for the programme candidates must:
- Hold a PADI Dive Master certification or equivalent
- Membership of certifying agency must be valid
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives
- Be available for 90 consecutive days in Egypt
- Hold valid professional diving and travel insurance
- Be fit to dive and have a Medical Statement signed by a diving physician
The selection process involves a series of interviews with the most suitable candidates being accepted into this programme. Due to limited spaces and suitability not everyone who applies will be accepted.
An Award winning fleet of Luxury Liveaboards.
Voted 'Liveaboard of the Year' 2016 - 19 by readers of DIVER Magazine